PHP Development Team announced today the immediate availability of PHP 5.6.0. This version comes with new features, some backward incompatible changes and many improvements.
The main features of PHP 5.6.0 include:
For a full list of new features, you may read the new features of the migration guide.
- Constant scalar expressions
- Variadic functions and argument unpacking using the ... operator.
- Exponentiation using the ** operator
- Function and constant importing with the use keyword
- phpdbg as an interactive integrated debugger SAPI
- php://input is now reusable, and $HTTP_RAW_POST_DATA is deprecated
- GMP objects now support operator overloading
- File uploads larger than 2 gigabytes in size are now accepted